hêbêstan = }%青/.春;"的+\國|~度:<

19 December 2006

the nightmare before christmas

Christmas is coming. Before the holidays come, however, there are so many things waiting for me to finish.

I need to write two assignments, 3000 words each. These are to be submitted in early January. There are three weeks to go, but I will be outbound for the whole next week. Therefore there are only two weeks for me to write up the essays.

This week will also be a big-feast week. On Monday my colleagues have already spent a few hours after work to celebrate my belated birthday. Our office will then hold a Christmas dinner on Wednesday, and my family will have the winter solstice dinner on Friday.

Most importantly, I have to submit the topic for the dissertation of my master programme. That's a torture lasting for a year. It seems that the pain is well-tolerated, but suddenly it happens as a breakthrough pain.

I will head for Iran next week but, apart from getting my air ticket secure, I have not even fetched my friend's racksack for the trip.

Nightmare...but hopefully everything will be "under control".

No comments: